Nora's Fresh Tomato Sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) tomatoes cored, seeded, diced.
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) yellow onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 1/3 cup(s) dry white wine
- 5 whole(s) fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1. Heat the butter over medium heat in a skillet. Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent. Do not brown!
- 2. Add the wine and reduce by half (just simmer away until only half the liquid remains). Add the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes more.
- 3. Use an immersion stick blender or food processor or vitamix to blend the sauce together. Taste for seasonings and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Nora's Fresh Tomato Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments