Nor-Cal Veggie Sandwiches with Hazelnut Butter
More From Cooking Light
Total: 43 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 359
- Fat: 22.4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 14.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 417mg
- Calcium: 66mg
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 cups water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 4 trimmed fresh globe artichoke hearts, halved crosswise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
- 8 (1-ounce) slices whole-wheat sunflower bread, toasted
- 1 ounce radish sprouts
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, thinly sliced
- 1. Place garlic in the bowl of a mini food processor; process until finely chopped. Add nuts; process until a coarse butter forms. Add mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons water, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; process until smooth.
- 2. Combine 6 cups water and 2 1/2 tablespoons juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add artichoke hearts to pan; cook 6 minutes or until tender. Drain; dry with a paper towel.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add artichokes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt; cook 2 minutes on each side or until well browned.
- 4. Combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons juice with arugula; toss to coat.
- 5. Spread 2 tablespoons hazelnut mixture on 1 side of each of 4 bread slices. Top hazelnut butter with 2 artichoke pieces, about 1/3 cup arugula mixture, 1/4 ounce sprouts, about 4 avocado slices, and 1 bread slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note