Noodle Gratin with Cheese, Corn, and Roasted Pepper
This "grown-up" mac and cheese has the creamy sauce we loved as kids but with a few adult additions.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 384
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 7.5g
- Protein: 20.7g
- Carbohydrate: 45.7g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 797mg
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Calcium: 459mg
- 2 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) pre-shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell pepper
- 5 cups cooked wide egg noodles (about 4 cups uncooked)
- Cooking spray
- 1 (1-ounce) slice white bread
- 1 tablespoon light butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups milk into a saucepan; cook over medium heat 1 minute or until warm. Whisk remaining 1 cup milk and flour in a bowl until flour dissolves. Add to pan; cook, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until bubbly. Reduce heat to low; add cheese, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg. Stir until cheese melts.
- Add corn, roasted red bell pepper, and cheese sauce to noodles. Spoon mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1/2 cup. Combine breadcrumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over noodle mixture. 5. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note