Excellent !!! I used less chicken and more Romain because it was a lunch salad. When I make it again as a dinner salad, I'll keep the proportions of the recipe. And I will be making it again many times.
Noodle Chicken Salad
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Broil: 5 Minutes
- 2 (3-ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodle soup mix
- 1 (2- to 3-pound) roasted whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 5 green onions, sliced
- Optional ingredients: 1 (10-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained; 1 cup sliced mushrooms; 1/2 cup sliced celery
- Remove flavor packets from soup mixes, reserving 1 packet. Break noodles apart on baking sheet. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes or until browned, stirring every minute.
- Pull chicken from bones, and coarsely chop; set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat, and add almonds and sesame seeds; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Add remaining butter and chicken, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Whisk together seasoning packet, oils, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add lettuce, green onions, sesame seed mixture, chicken, and noodles, tossing to coat. Add optional ingredients, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes