- 2 (3-ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodle soup mix
- 1 (2- to 3-pound) roasted whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 5 green onions, sliced
- Optional ingredients: 1 (10-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained; 1 cup sliced mushrooms; 1/2 cup sliced celery
How to Make It
Remove flavor packets from soup mixes, reserving 1 packet. Break noodles apart on baking sheet. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes or until browned, stirring every minute.
Pull chicken from bones, and coarsely chop; set aside.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat, and add almonds and sesame seeds; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
Add remaining butter and chicken, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Whisk together seasoning packet, oils, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add lettuce, green onions, sesame seed mixture, chicken, and noodles, tossing to coat. Add optional ingredients, if desired. Serve immediately.