Excellent recipe for a quick weeknight supper! I used frozen shrimp and frozen snow peas...next time I'll wait and add the snow peas with the shrimp as mine cooked to pieces. I added crushed red pepper for more heat and the juice of half a lime - the lime put it over the top.
Photo: Van Chaplin; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Yield: Makes 1 serving
More From Southern Living
- 1 (3-oz.) package Oriental-flavored ramen noodle soup mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 6 peeled and deveined medium-size raw shrimp (26/30 count)
- 1/4 cup shredded napa cabbage
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. chopped peanuts
- Stir together flavor packet from ramen noodle soup mix, 2 cups water, chopped green onion, and chopped fresh cilantro in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; add noodles and snow peas. Cook 1 minute, and stir in shrimp. Cook 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, and top with shredded cabbage and chopped peanuts.
- Note: You can substitute 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken for the shrimp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes
Food & Wine