I made several changes to this, but it turned out delish! I used a mixture of crumbled Italian sausage/lean ground beef for the meat, added fresh mushrooms, subbed Italian blend cheese instead of jack, and added some crushed red pepper. Also, since I am not fond of egg noodles, I used regular pasta (cavitappi) cooked just under al dente. I have also made it with just the sausage (one pound only, Jimmy Dean Italian and it was plenty). It makes a LOT, and it's good enough for company. Served with Italian salad and garlic bread. Recommend!
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) package wide egg noodles
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (26-oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2. Cook beef and next 3 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning.
- 3. Combine spinach and next 4 ingredients. Fold in noodles; spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with half of Parmesan cheese. Top evenly with beef mixture and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This