This is the best chili recipe and it is so easy.
Nonstop, No-Chop Chili -- Cooking Light September 2002
Best chili recipe ever! The original calls for 11/2 cups frozen whole-kernal corn but I always just use a can of corn. I've been making this since it came out in the magazine and it is always a big hit. Great with corn chips or on burgers. It freezes really well also.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 pound(s) ground round
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 can(s) corn
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 21/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 11/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 16 ounce(s) chili beans undrained
- 14 1/2 ounce(s) no salt added diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup(s) salsa
- Cook ground round in a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium high heat 4 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in water and remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce hear, and simmer 25 minutes. Yield: 6 one cup servings.
- 254 calries (28% from fat); Fat 8g (sat 2.8, mono 2.4g, poly 0.6); Protein 18g; carb 30.5 g; fiber 7.2 g; chol 24mg; iron 3.9mg; sodium 649mg; calc 96mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rkrefft and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note