Tried this for Christmas, dissapointed, not much flavor,I could only find red cherries at my grocer. Just so,so. May try again. It was pretty.
Noel Pound Cake Loaf
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
- 1 (6-ounce) jar red maraschino cherries
- 1 (6-ounce) jar green maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drain cherries well, and finely chop. Press gently between paper towels to absorb excess moisture; set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yellow yolk disappears.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda; stir in chopped cherries. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat batter at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note