Nobby Apple Cake
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups peeled, diced cooking apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg, beating well.
- Combine 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, salt, and spices; add to creamed mixture, beating at low speed of electric mixer just until blended. Stir in vanilla (batter will be thick). Dredge apples and pecans in remaining 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour; fold into batter.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 8 - inch square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings