- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups peeled, diced cooking apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
How to Make It
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg, beating well.
Combine 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, salt, and spices; add to creamed mixture, beating at low speed of electric mixer just until blended. Stir in vanilla (batter will be thick). Dredge apples and pecans in remaining 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour; fold into batter.
Spoon batter into a greased and floured 8 - inch square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.