No-Roll Chicken Cordon Bleu
More From Progresso™ Recipe Starters™
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 4 very thin slices deli ham (0.25 oz each)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese (2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy roasted garlic with chicken stock cooking sauce
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- Hot canned cooked wild rice or cooked pasta, if desired
- Garnish, if desired:
- Chopped fresh parsley or chives
- 1. Make 3-inch horizontal slit in each chicken breast to form a pocket (do not cut all the way through to other side). Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Place 1 ham slice and 2 tablespoons of the cheese in each pocket, pushing cheese toward back of pocket. Press down on chicken breasts gently with palm of hand.
- 2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook chicken in butter 6 minutes. Carefully turn chicken. Cook 6 to 8 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest parts are cut (at least 165°F). Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- 3. Add cooking sauce, cream and wine to skillet; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve chicken with sauce mixture and hot rice or pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
No-Roll Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes