- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 4 very thin slices deli ham (0.25 oz each)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese (2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy roasted garlic with chicken stock cooking sauce
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- Hot canned cooked wild rice or cooked pasta, if desired
- Garnish, if desired:
- Chopped fresh parsley or chives
How to Make It
Make 3-inch horizontal slit in each chicken breast to form a pocket (do not cut all the way through to other side). Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Place 1 ham slice and 2 tablespoons of the cheese in each pocket, pushing cheese toward back of pocket. Press down on chicken breasts gently with palm of hand.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook chicken in butter 6 minutes. Carefully turn chicken. Cook 6 to 8 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest parts are cut (at least 165°F). Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
Add cooking sauce, cream and wine to skillet; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve chicken with sauce mixture and hot rice or pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and pepper.