No-Cook Strawberry Freezer Jam
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
Make this No-Cook Strawberry Jam and enjoy it for up to a year later in the freezer. Fresh-crushed strawberries make this jam irresistible for spreading on toast, biscuits or english muffins.
Yield: Makes 8 containers
- 7 cups strawberries, hulled
- 1 1 3/4 oz. pkg. light powdered pectin
- 1 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 8 1/2-pint freezer-safe plastic containers and lids, sterilized
- Thoroughly crush strawberries in a large bowl; set aside. Combine pectin with 1/4 cup sugar. Gradually add pectin mixture to strawberries, stirring vigorously. Let stand for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add corn syrup; mix well. Gradually stir in remaining sugar until dissolved.
- Spoon into containers leaving 1/2-inch headspace; secure lids. Let stand overnight at room temperature before freezing.
- May be frozen up to one year. Store in refrigerator up to 4 weeks after opening.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Dips/Spreads