I didn't use Whole frozen berries. Used the boxes, defrosted so I could blend in the lemon juice and salt and it didn't set up right at all. Ran the machine the maximum time and it was barely starting to freeze. Followed directions and put it in the freezer, in the bowl of the machine for more than the recommended time before transferring to another container. I was wondering why it wanted me to do that as I transferred the lumpy runny stuff. Had to spatula out the frozen stuff from around the inside of the frozen bowl. Seemed silly why not just freeze it in the same bowl? Just that long at room temperature almost defrosted it and it had to be frozen overnight to set up. When it did, it was like Concrete! Impossible to scoop out and the texture had an ice crystallized mouth feel that I HATED. On the plus side the flavor was marvelous and the family ate it so will try it again with whipping cream instead of milk as I don't care about reduced fat in my ice cream.
No-Cook Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 (16-ounce) container fresh strawberries or 1 (16-ounce) package thawed frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in a 2-quart pitcher or large bowl until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Process strawberries, lemon juice, and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir into milk mixture.
- Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1-quart electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)
- Remove container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, and place in freezer 15 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container; freeze until firm, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used a Rival 4-quart Durable Plastic Bucket Ice Cream Maker and a Cuisinart Automatic Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note