I made this all the time until my icecream maker broke! Looking at this now is making me feel the urge to go out and buy another. It is best made with fresh peaches straight from the orchard and just a little bit of vanilla added in. I miss this stuff. www.PrintableCouponsandDeals.com has tons of great coupons that could be used on ingredients for this recipe.
No-Cook Peach Ice Cream
Many homemade ice cream recipes require cooking a custard base, but this easy peach ice cream is made from sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, whole milk, and fresh peaches.
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 quarts
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 4 peeled, sliced medium-size fresh ripe peaches or 1 (15.25-ounce) can peaches in light syrup, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup peach nectar
- Whisk first 3 ingredients in a 2-quart pitcher or large bowl until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Process peaches with sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir into milk mixture with peach nectar.
- Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1-quart electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)
- Remove container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, and place in freezer 15 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container; freeze until firm, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used a Rival 4-quart Durable Plastic Bucket Ice Cream Maker and a Cuisinart Automatic Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This