No-Cook Coconut Ice Cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Garnishes: toasted coconut, shaved chocolate, chopped macadamia nuts
- Whisk first 3 ingredients in a 2-quart pitcher or large bowl until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Whisk coconut milk, lemon juice, and salt into milk mixture.
- Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1-quart electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)
- Remove container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, and place in freezer 15 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container; freeze until firm, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve ice cream with toasted coconut, shaved chocolate, or chopped macadamia nuts.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used a Rival 4-quart Durable Plastic Bucket Ice Cream Maker and a Cuisinart Automatic Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker.
- Note: To make a tropical sundae, top coconut ice cream with sliced bananas, mango slices, and pineapple chunks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note