No-Cook Coconut Ice Cream
Yield: Makes 1 quart
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Garnishes: toasted coconut, shaved chocolate, chopped macadamia nuts
- Whisk first 3 ingredients in a 2-quart pitcher or large bowl until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Whisk coconut milk, lemon juice, and salt into milk mixture.
- Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1-quart electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)
- Remove container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, and place in freezer 15 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container; freeze until firm, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve ice cream with toasted coconut, shaved chocolate, or chopped macadamia nuts.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used a Rival 4-quart Durable Plastic Bucket Ice Cream Maker and a Cuisinart Automatic Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker.
- Note: To make a tropical sundae, top coconut ice cream with sliced bananas, mango slices, and pineapple chunks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts