No Baste, No Bother Turkey
Community Recipe from
- 1-12 pound(s) turkey thawed
- 1 stick(s) butter softened
- 2 tablespoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 stalk(s) celery cut in lengths to fit in turkey cavity
- 1 onion halved
- 1 carrot cut in lengths to fit in turkey cavity
- 2 cup(s) water boiling
- Adjust the oven racks so the covered roasting pan fit easily inside. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Rub the butter on the outside and in the cavity of the turkey. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the inside and the outside of the turkey. Put the celery, onion and carrot in the cavity. Place the turkey, breast-side up, in a large roasting pan. Pour the boiling water into the pan. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and put the pan in the oven.
- Start a timer when the oven temperature returns to 500 degrees F. Bake for exactly 1 hour and turn off the oven. Do not open the oven door! Leave the turkey in the oven until the oven completely cools; this may take 4 to 6 hours. Reserve the pan juices and refrigerate the turkey if it will not be served soon after roasting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes