No-Bake Thumbprint Cookies
These cookies are inspired by a recipe from one of our health partners, Dr. Joel Fuhrman, author of Eat for Health. Easy to make and great for the holidays, try using a different variety of preserves each time you make them. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2766.
Soak: 15 Minutes
Chill: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) pitted dates
- 3 cup(s) rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup(s) smooth almond butter
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded unsweetened coconut
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 3/4 cup(s) 100% all-fruit preserves, such as cherry or apricot
- Put dates into a medium bowl, cover with hot water and set aside to let soak for 10 to 15 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup of the soaking liquid, and then drain dates well.
- In a food processor, pulse oats until coarsely ground; transfer to a large bowl and set aside. Transfer dates and reserved 1/2 cup soaking liquid to food processor and purée until smooth. Add date mixture, almond butter, coconut, orange zest and juice, cinnamon and salt to bowl with oats and knead together to make a dough.
- Roll dough into 24 balls, transferring them to a parchment paper-lined sheet tray as done. Make an indentation in the middle of each cookie by pressing down with your thumb. Spoon a bit of fruit preserves into each indentation and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note