No-Bake Ice-Cream Angel Food Cake
More From Southern Living
Freeze: 8 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 (10-inch) angel food cake
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Wrap cake in plastic wrap, and freeze 30 minutes. (Freezing makes it easier to cut into layers.)
- Let ice cream stand at room temperature 20 minutes to soften.
- Slice cake horizontally into 4 equal layers using a serrated knife. Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread top of layer with chocolate ice cream, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edge. Top with second cake layer; repeat layers with vanilla ice cream, a cake layer, strawberry ice cream, and remaining cake layer. Wrap cake in plastic wrap, and freeze at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Spread Whipped Cream Frosting on top and sides of cake. Sprinkle top evenly with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note