No-Bake Ice-Cream Angel Food Cake
More From Southern Living
Freeze: 8 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 (10-inch) angel food cake
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Wrap cake in plastic wrap, and freeze 30 minutes. (Freezing makes it easier to cut into layers.)
- Let ice cream stand at room temperature 20 minutes to soften.
- Slice cake horizontally into 4 equal layers using a serrated knife. Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread top of layer with chocolate ice cream, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edge. Top with second cake layer; repeat layers with vanilla ice cream, a cake layer, strawberry ice cream, and remaining cake layer. Wrap cake in plastic wrap, and freeze at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Spread Whipped Cream Frosting on top and sides of cake. Sprinkle top evenly with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This