I'm very pleased I made this. They are something that I can eat (I'm on Weight Watchers) as well as something the rest of my family will enjoy as well. I didn't have any raisins so I threw in some Ocean Spray Craisins instead :) Delicious! I don't see how this would make "4.5 dozen" though, maybe 2 dozen
No-Bake Granola Bars
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
Super quick and easy to make, these granola bars are a great snack to have on hand.
Yield: 4 1/2 dozen
- 2 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Bring brown sugar and syrup to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until blended.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until coated; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in chocolate morsels. Press mixture into a 13- x 9-inch pan; cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This