What a delicious dessert! Perfect for this strawberry season. A few reviewers commented that it was too much whipped topping. I'm afraid you may have been confused by the amount of topping called for. It's listed as 2 cups, and that's 2 cups by volume, not weight. If you went by weight, you'd use 2 8-ounce containers of topping. Instead, you only need about a third of one container because that's all 2 cups by volume is. My crust was a little hard right out of the fridge, so I'd just recommend letting it sit for a few minutes before slicing. Otherwise, a delightfully easy and light dessert I'm so happy I shared with my family this Mother's Day weekend.
No-Bake Fresh Strawberry Pie
Glorious spring berries are the focus here—tons of them, piled atop a layer of creamy filling. You can leave small berries whole in this no-bake strawberry pie recipe.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 41.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 225mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 25 chocolate wafers (such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Cooking spray
- 6 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry fruit spread
- 1 tablespoon Chambord (raspberry-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound small strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1. Place chocolate wafers in a food processor, and process until finely ground. Place the chopped chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 45 seconds or until chocolate melts, stirring every 15 seconds. Add melted chocolate and oil to processor; process until well combined. Gently press the mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate or removable-bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray. Place in freezer 15 minutes or until set.
- 2. Place cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over bottom of crust. Place fruit spread in a large microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 10 seconds or until softened. Add Chambord and juice; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add berry halves; toss to combine. Arrange berry halves over pie. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note