I followed this recipe exactly as written, with the exception that i used store bought crust to save time. It was terrible. It was literally like eating cool whip spread into pie crust. In fact that's exactly what it was. Based on the reviews, I put it into the freezer to hold better, and it held the weight of the strawberry topping, but the filling was just so disappointing. I made it for a dinner party and I was totally embarrassed after the first bite. It did not go over we'll and I ended up throwing half of the pie away. The topping is the one exception. The strawberries and glaze were delicious. I will use this part of the recipe as a cake topper on a chocolate layer cake perhaps.
No-Bake Fresh Strawberry Pie
Glorious spring berries are the focus here—tons of them, piled atop a layer of creamy filling. You can leave small berries whole in this no-bake strawberry pie recipe.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 41.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 225mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 25 chocolate wafers (such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Cooking spray
- 6 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry fruit spread
- 1 tablespoon Chambord (raspberry-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound small strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1. Place chocolate wafers in a food processor, and process until finely ground. Place the chopped chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 45 seconds or until chocolate melts, stirring every 15 seconds. Add melted chocolate and oil to processor; process until well combined. Gently press the mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate or removable-bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray. Place in freezer 15 minutes or until set.
- 2. Place cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over bottom of crust. Place fruit spread in a large microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 10 seconds or until softened. Add Chambord and juice; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add berry halves; toss to combine. Arrange berry halves over pie. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note