This looked easy enough, but if you follow this recipe exactly and use the 1/3 less fat cream cheese it will not turn out very good because the cream cheese is going to be too soft and will not get firm like the photo shows. I made this tonight and followed the directions exactly. It came out runny in the center and the crust was so hard you could not cut through it. Terrible. You can alter this recipe slightly by using regular Philadelphia cream cheese and regular cool whip. Also don't use the crust it says... Just crumble the wafers without adding semi sweet chocolates. Trust me the chocolates make the crust a solid hard mass impossible to cut through once it's set ( freezer )... Seriously this recipe must have been imagined because while the photo is great it's NOT the recipe as stated. The cream cheese must have been normal cream cheese in that photo and the base just chocolate wafer crumbs!
No-Bake Fresh Strawberry Pie
Glorious spring berries are the focus here—tons of them, piled atop a layer of creamy filling. You can leave small berries whole in this no-bake strawberry pie recipe.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 41.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 225mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 25 chocolate wafers (such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Cooking spray
- 6 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry fruit spread
- 1 tablespoon Chambord (raspberry-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound small strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1. Place chocolate wafers in a food processor, and process until finely ground. Place the chopped chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 45 seconds or until chocolate melts, stirring every 15 seconds. Add melted chocolate and oil to processor; process until well combined. Gently press the mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate or removable-bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray. Place in freezer 15 minutes or until set.
- 2. Place cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over bottom of crust. Place fruit spread in a large microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 10 seconds or until softened. Add Chambord and juice; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add berry halves; toss to combine. Arrange berry halves over pie. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note