coconut mixture has a strong milky flavor - still good, just overpowering if youre looking to have more than one. good, though. not sure if ill make it again; i may.
No-Bake Coconut Balls
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro, Laura Zapalowski
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- Melt 1/3 cup butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat, and stir in 3 tablespoons water and vanilla.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk powder; stir 1/2 cup at a time into butter mixture until smooth. Stir in coconut.
- Shape into 1-inch balls, and place on ungreased baking sheets. Chill 20 minutes.
- Place chocolate morsels in a small zip-top freezer bag; seal. Submerge in hot water until chocolate melts. Snip a tiny hole in one corner of bag, and drizzle chocolate over coconut balls. Store in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This