coconut mixture has a strong milky flavor - still good, just overpowering if youre looking to have more than one. good, though. not sure if ill make it again; i may.
No-Bake Coconut Balls
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro, Laura Zapalowski
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- Melt 1/3 cup butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat, and stir in 3 tablespoons water and vanilla.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk powder; stir 1/2 cup at a time into butter mixture until smooth. Stir in coconut.
- Shape into 1-inch balls, and place on ungreased baking sheets. Chill 20 minutes.
- Place chocolate morsels in a small zip-top freezer bag; seal. Submerge in hot water until chocolate melts. Snip a tiny hole in one corner of bag, and drizzle chocolate over coconut balls. Store in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note