- 1 pound bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen red bell pepper and onions for stir-fry, thawed and drained
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy three cheese cooking sauce
- 3 cups cups uncooked mini lasagna (mafalda) noodles or medium egg noodles (6 oz)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- Garnish, if desired:
- Chopped fresh or whole basil leaves
How to Make It
In 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain.
Stir in 2 cups water and all remaining ingredients except cheese and basil. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover, let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil.