Terrible. peaches were OK but topping was like eating bread. Uncooked bread.
No. 1 Fruit Stand Peach Cobbler
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 246
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sodium: 294mg
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- 3 pounds ripe peaches
- About 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- About 2/3 cup milk
- About 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipping cream or ice cream
- 1. Peel and pit peaches and slice into 1/2-inch-thick wedges, dropping slices into a shallow 2 1/2- to 3-quart oval or other baking dish. Gently mix in 1/3 cup sugar; taste, and add a little more sugar if desired.
- 2. In a bowl, beat butter and remaining 1/3 cup sugar until well blended. Stir in 1/3 cup milk.
- 3. In another bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture with another 1/3 cup milk and stir to combine. Batter should be stiff and sticky; if too dry, add a little more milk; if runny, add flour. Stir in vanilla.
- 4. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls evenly over prepared fruit (some fruit will show through).
- 5. Bake in a 350° oven until top is browned and fruit is bubbling, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature: scoop into bowls and drizzle cream over each serving if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note