Salade Niçoise is a classic French salad composed of tuna, vegetables, hard-cooked eggs, olives, and tomato. In this sandwich version, a tuna mixture is spooned into a hollowed-out baguette.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 233
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 13.3g
- Carbohydrate: 24.1g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 773mg
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Calcium: 78mg
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 8 slices plum tomato (about 2 tomatoes)
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1 hard-cooked large egg, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) honey-wheat baguette
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine vinegar and next 3 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Add vinegar mixture to tuna mixture, tossing to coat.
- . Cut a "V"-shaped pocket in top of baguette; remove cut portion, and hollow out inside of bread, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Reserve cut portion and torn bread for another use.
- . Spoon tuna mixture into hollowed-out baguette, mounding slightly. Cut filled baguette crosswise into 4 equal portions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note