Because of the chilis in the tomatoes, this was too spicy for my taste.
Nine Bean-Chicken Soup
- 2 cups Nine Bean Soup Mix
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- Place soup mix in a Dutch oven; add water to cover, and let stand 30 minutes. Drain.
- Bring soup mix, 2 quarts water, and next 6 ingredients to a boil in Dutch oven. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Stir in tomatoes and tomatoes with chiles; return to a boil. Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until beans are tender, adding more water, if necessary.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note