Because of the chilis in the tomatoes, this was too spicy for my taste.
Nine Bean-Chicken Soup
Yield: 9 cups
- 2 cups Nine Bean Soup Mix
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- Place soup mix in a Dutch oven; add water to cover, and let stand 30 minutes. Drain.
- Bring soup mix, 2 quarts water, and next 6 ingredients to a boil in Dutch oven. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Stir in tomatoes and tomatoes with chiles; return to a boil. Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until beans are tender, adding more water, if necessary.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews