Love Nim Chow and especialy love the sauce.. it's a nice change from the usual peanut sauce :)
Nime Chow (Raw Spring Rolls)
These Cambodian spring rolls—nime chow—are prepared and served fresh rather than deep-fried like other spring roll recipes.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 2 roll halves and 3 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 154
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 14.5g
- Carbohydrate: 17.1g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 666mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 1 ounce uncooked bean threads (cellophane noodles)
- 12 (8-inch) round sheets rice paper
- 2 cups thinly sliced curly leaf lettuce
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 24 medium basil leaves
- 32 medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup Lime-Vinegar Sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Combine bean threads and 2 cups hot water in a bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Drain; cut into 2-inch lengths with scissors.
- Add cold water to a large shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch. Cut 4 rice paper sheets in half, leaving remaining 8 sheets whole. Place 1 whole rice paper sheet and 1 half rice paper sheet in dish of water. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft. Remove sheets from water. Place whole rice paper sheet on a flat surface; top with half sheet, lining up edges of both sheets. Place 1/4 cup lettuce over half sheet, leaving a 1/2-inch border around outer edge of half sheet. Arrange 1 tablespoon bean threads, 2 tablespoons bean sprouts, 3 basil leaves, and 4 shrimp over lettuce. Fold sides of rice paper sheets over filling; roll up jelly-roll fashion. Gently press seam to seal; place, seam side down, on a serving platter (cover to keep from drying). Repeat procedure with remaining rice paper sheets, lettuce, bean threads, bean sprouts, basil, and shrimp.
- Cut each roll in half crosswise. Combine Lime-Vinegar Sauce and peanuts in a small bowl; serve with rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers