Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- canola oil
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/3 lbs thinly sliced beef
- 1 carrot cut into small pieces
- 2 small potatoes peeled and cut into medium pieces
- 1/4 C sake
- 1/4 C water
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs mirin
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- Meyer lemon zest
- * 6 oz thinly sliced beef or pork loin, cut into about 2 inch lengths
- * 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- * 1 onion, cut into wedges
- * 1/4 lb carrot, peeled and cut into bite size chunks
- * 1/2 package shirataki noodles, cut into 3 inch lengths
- * 2 cup dashi soup
- * 2 Tbsp mirin
- * 2 Tbsp sugar
- * 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- * 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Put some oil in a pan over medium heat and saute the onions and ginger until wilted and fragrant. Add the beef and fry until brown. Toss in the carrots and potatoes, sake, water, soy sauce, mirin and sugar.
- Cover and turn down to the heat to a low simmer and cook, tossing a few times until the potatoes are soft. Serve topped with scallions and a little lemon zest along with some rice.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil in a deep pot and saute the meat on high heat until it changes color. Add onion, carrot, potato, and shirataki in the pot and saute together. Pour dashi soup stock and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to medium and skim off any foam or impurities that rise to the surface. Add sugar, mirin, and soy sauce and put a drop-lid. Simmer until vegetables are softened and the liquid are almost gone.
- Makes 4 servings
This recipe is a personal recipe added by leizalou and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Niku Jaga Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes