- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (105° to 110°)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons nigella seeds
- Combine yeast, water, and oil in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl, and make a well in center of mixture. Stir in yeast mixture and nigella seeds.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead dough until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 20 equal pieces, and shape into very thin rounds. Let dough rest 10 minutes.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add flatbreads, one at a time; cook until blistered and puffed. Turn flatbreads over; cook 1 more minute. Remove and cover to keep warm and pliable. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads