- 12 fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise (about 14 oz.)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 pound haricots verts (French green beans)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pitted Nicoise olives
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 head Belgian endive, separated into leaves
- 2 Persian cucumbers, diagonally sliced (about 4 oz.)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, halved
How to Make It
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan. Add 1/4 cup salt and water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a gentle boil over medium-high; reduce heat to low, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until just tender, adding haricots verts during the last 2 minutes of cook time. Drain vegetables, and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process.
Stir together lemon juice, shallot, garlic, and mustard in a medium bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Whisk in olive oil, olives, and parsley. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Drain potatoes and haricots verts, and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange cooked vegetables, tomatoes, endive leaves, cucumbers, and eggs on a serving board; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Serve with vinaigrette.