Nick's tropical avocado & lime dip/spread
So today a customer left an avocado and lime in a cart, and instead of throwing them out, I decided to experiment with what I could make with it. I decided to make a topping for my swai (fish similar to tilapia) and something that I could also use as a dip for chips, crackers, etc. It is absolutely AMAZING on any white fish, and also doubles as a really tasty, tropical dip. Super easy to make and doesn't take more than a few minutes to prepare
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) avocado mashed
- 1 whole(s) lime
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) even mix of mustard seeds, black peppercorns, coriander, sea salt ground (can use trader joes everyday seasoning as substitute)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) even mix of onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder
- 3 pinch(s) oregano
- Ok so first pit an avocado and scoop it out into a medium-sized bowl. Next mash using a fork (or can use a food processor as well) until consistency is similar to potato salad (use picture below as reference for consistency). Next add the juice of one lime and the olive oil. Finally add the spices and mix thoroughly. Serve as topping to white fish (highly recommended) or as chip, cracker dip or spread. Hope you guys enjoy it and let me know what you think of it
This recipe is a personal recipe added by collegechef2754 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note