New York-Style Sour Cream-Topped Cheesecake
The hardest part about making this New York-Style Sour Cream-Topped Cheesecake is waiting for it to chill! Don't forget to top with strawberries before you dig into this smooth and rich dessert.
More From Southern Living Cooking School
Bake: 50 Minutes
Cool: 30 Minutes
Chill: 4 Hours
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. Line bottom and sides of a 13- x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides. Stir together cracker crumbs, butter, and 2 tablespoons sugar; press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- 2. Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add 1 cup sour cream, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Pour over crust.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Stir together remaining sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until well blended; carefully spread over cheesecake.
- 4. Bake 10 more minutes. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Lift cheesecake from pan, using foil sides as handles. Top with strawberries just before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
- New York-Style Cinnamon Cheesecake: Stir together cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar as directed in Step 1. Press mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan. Prepare batter as directed in Step 2, beating in 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon with cream cheese. Bake at 325° for 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Top with sour cream mixture as directed, and bake 10 more minutes. Remove from oven, and gently run a knife around the edges of cheesecake to loosen. Cool and chill as directed. Omit strawberries. Garnish with sliced almonds, fresh rosemary sprigs, and pear slices, if desired. Prep: 20 min., Bake: 1 hr., Cool: 30 min., Chill: 1 hr.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note