New York Strip Steaks with Red Wine Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegatable oil
- 4 whole(s) New York Strip Steaks 1-inch thick, fat trimmed, patted dry
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) full-bodied red wine, such as Syrah or Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/2 cup(s) beef stock
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter cold, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 - Heat half the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season 2 steaks with 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook until deep golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reaches 130F, about 4 minutes per side (for medium-rare). Transfer to a platter, and tent with foil. Repeat with remaining oil and steaks. Let steaks rest in a 250F oven.
- 2 - Reduce heat to medium, and add wine to skillet. Cook until almost completely reduced, about 5 minutes. Add beef stock, and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 1/2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and whisk in butter (1 piece at a time) and mustard. Stir in any juices from the platter, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over steaks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
New York Strip Steaks with Red Wine Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes