- 4 boned beef top loin steaks (1 1/2 in. thick, 12 to 16 oz. each; see notes)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- About 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse-ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano or marjoram leaves
- 1 orange (8 oz.), rinsed and cut into four wedges
- calories 452
- caloriesfromfat 40 %
- protein 56 g
- fat 20 g
- satfat 7.2 g
- carbohydrate 7.9 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- sodium 174 mg
- cholesterol 148 mg
How to Make It
Trim excess surface fat from steaks. Rinse steaks and pat dry; place in a 1-gallon zip-lock plastic bag. Add orange juice, vinegar, Worcestershire, olive oil, garlic, and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper. Seal bag and turn as needed to coat all steaks with marinade. Chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
Lift steaks from marinade (discard marinade) and lay on an oiled barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook steaks, turning once, until browned on both sides and done to your liking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 10 to 13 minutes for medium-rare.
Transfer steaks to plates. Let rest in a warm place for 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with oregano leaves and salt and more pepper to taste. Serve with orange wedges to squeeze over the top.