- 1 pound small thin-skinned potatoes, cut into chunks
- 8 ounces brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 New York strip steaks (about 12 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2 cups slivered red onion
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
- calories 500
- caloriesfromfat 39 %
- protein 38 g
- fat 22 g
- satfat 5.2 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- fiber 4.6 g
- sodium 1053 mg
- cholesterol 74 mg
How to Make It
Simmer potatoes in a large saucepan of water until tender when pierced, 8 to 10 minutes; in last minute, add brussels sprouts, cooking just until they turn bright green. Drain.
Preheat broiler. Rub steaks with vinegar, 1 tbsp. oil, and 1 tsp. each salt and pepper. Put steaks on a broiler pan; broil 6 in. from heat, turning once, 8 minutes for medium-rare.
Heat remaining 3 tbsp. oil in a 12-in. frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring as little as possible, until well browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add potatoes and brussels sprouts and cook until browned slightly, about 4 minutes. Add wine, scraping up any caramelized bits from bottom of pan. Stir in garlic, rosemary, and remaining 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Serve with sliced meat.