Really, really, really good recipe. I don't normally cook steak because I'm not very comfortable with the grill, but my manfriend grilled this right up and it came out beautifully. The smokiness of the rub combined with the acidity of the salsa is perfect. Bravo, CL!
Spice-Rubbed New York Strip with Avocado-Lime Salsa
More From Cooking Light
Total: 26 Minutes
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 17.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 25.8g
- Carbohydrate: 6.7g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 361mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded serrano chile
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (8-ounce) New York strip steaks, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- Herbed Corn Muffins
- Quick Chilled Pea Soup
- 1. Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2. Place first 6 ingredients in a bowl; gently stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cumin, and next 4 ingredients (through cinnamon) in a bowl; rub spice mixture over both sides of steaks. Place steaks on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes; cut across the grain into thin slices. Serve with salsa.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This