Pretty tasty rub, amazing avocado salsa. The cinnamon didn't really blow my mind, though. We used a cheaper cut of meat and everything worked out fine. If using cast iron for grilling, add olive oil to the rub so you don't have to grease your skillet/iron. Served with corn and black beans - made for a hearty, fresh, and flavorful meal that I would definitely make again in the future.
Spice-Rubbed New York Strip with Avocado-Lime Salsa
More From Cooking Light
Total: 26 Minutes
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 17.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 25.8g
- Carbohydrate: 6.7g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 361mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded serrano chile
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (8-ounce) New York strip steaks, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- Herbed Corn Muffins
- Quick Chilled Pea Soup
- 1. Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2. Place first 6 ingredients in a bowl; gently stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cumin, and next 4 ingredients (through cinnamon) in a bowl; rub spice mixture over both sides of steaks. Place steaks on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes; cut across the grain into thin slices. Serve with salsa.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This