- 1 pound New York strip steak, fat trimmed, sliced diagonally 1/4 in. thick
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces clamshell mushrooms*, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Chinese hot mustard
- 1/2 cup watercress leaves
- calories 190
- caloriesfromfat 57 %
- protein 16 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 4.3 g
- carbohydrate 3.3 g
- fiber 0.3 g
- sodium 331 mg
- cholesterol 44 mg
How to Make It
Pat steak dry; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook steak, turning once, until browned but still pink in center, about 3 minutes total. Arrange steak on plates.
Add butter, mushrooms, garlic, and shallots to pan and cook until starting to brown, about 2 minutes. Add broth and remaining 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Simmer until most of liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes.
Spoon mushrooms over steak. Dollop each piece of steak with about 1/8 tsp. mustard and sprinkle plates with watercress.
*Find clamshell mushrooms in well-stocked grocery stores.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.