New York Cheesecake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 Large eggs Room temp
- 2 cup(s) sour cream 1 pint, room temp
- 4 block(s) 8 oz cream cheese Room temp
- 8 tablespoon(s) 1stick unsalted butter Room temp
- 1 &1/2 cup(s) Sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1&1/2 teaspoon(s) Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon(s) Fresh Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) Grated lemon zest
- Generously butter a 10 inch spring form pan.
- Wrap a double layer of heavy duty aluminum foil around outside of pan, crimping & folding until it conforms to the pan.
- Position oven rack into middle of oven, preheat to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, with elec mixer, beat eggs & sour cream until we'll blended.
- In a med sized bowl, beat cream cheese with butter until smooth & creamy. Add this to the egg & sour cream mixture & beat until smooth. Add,sugar, cornstarch,vanilla & all lemon, beat throughly, about 2 min.
- Pour into springform pan, place in a roasting pan with sides not touching. Pour very hot water 1/2 way up to sides of springform pan.
- Bake 2 hrs 15 min or until cake is very lightly colored and a knife inserted in middle comes clean.
- Remove from the water bath & carefully remove foil. Let stand at room temp for 4 hours. Refrigerate well covered at least overnight
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LynneLong and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
New York Cheesecake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings