Vandercooks-- flour IS mentioned in Step 3: "Add remaining 16 ounces fat-free cream cheese, 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, flour, and next 4 ingredients (through vanilla); process until smooth." Try it again! Loved this recipe, and it's sooo pretty, too.
New York Cheesecake
This cake has a dense texture and rich cream cheese flavor. For a denser, creamier texture, cool the cake in the oven one hour with the oven door ajar instead of closed. Make a day ahead since the cooled cake needs to chill overnight.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 259
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 12.7g
- Carbohydrate: 33.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 446mg
- Calcium: 111mg
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 7 cookie sheets)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- 1 ounce all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 (8-ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese, softened, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. To prepare crust, combine crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1 egg white in a bowl; toss with a fork until well blended. Lightly coat hands with cooking spray. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes; cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- 3. To prepare filling, weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine cottage cheese and 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese in a food processor, and process until smooth. Add remaining 16 ounces fat-free cream cheese, 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, flour, and next 4 ingredients (through vanilla); process until smooth. Add 3 eggs and 3 egg whites; process until blended. Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 65 minutes or until almost set (center will not be firm but will set as it chills). Turn oven off; cool cheesecake in closed oven 1 hour. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note