New Years Eve Collards
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 bunch(es) collard greens washed and cut into 2 in squares
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 1/2 pound(s) smoked bacon sliced
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar
- 10 dash(es) tabasco sauce
- Cook bacon slowly over low heat. Add onion and cook until it's clear. Add broth, vinegar and Tabasco. Bring to boil. Slowly add collards. after last collards are added, lower heat to simmer, cover pot and cook for tow hours. Remove some juice to pour over greens when serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jsimpson78 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
New Years Eve Collards Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables