New Year's Resolution Sangria
"Alcohol-free sangria for a healthy 2012" by Rocco DiSpirito, AP. Recipe based on the popular Spanish fruit and wine punch. Versatility means you can add your favorite fruits or skip them altogether. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: January 11, 2012.
Steep: 5 Minutes
Chill: 4 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) water
- 3 bag(s) pomegranate tea (such as Yogi)
- 3 bag(s) hibiscus and rosehip tea (such as Teekanne)
- 6 packets stevia sweetener powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon(s) aromatic bitters (such as Angostura)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh cut up fruit (such as citrus, grapes, apples, berries and melon)
- 5 sprig(s) fresh mint
- 2 cup(s) seltzer water
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the 1 cup of water to a simmer. Remove from the heat and add all 6 tea bags. Cover and let steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible. Stir in the stevia, agave and bitters. Add the fruit and 1 sprig of the mint. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
- 2. Fill 4 tumblers a third of the way with ice, then divide the chilled tea between the glasses. Add ½ cup of seltzer water and 1 mint sprig to each cup.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note