I have several pimiento cheese recipes and this is by the far the best. I grate the cheese with my Kitchen Aide, chop the peppers with my kitchen knife, combine all the ingredients, then stir with a fork. I prefer the texture with this method. I also add a little more jalapeno's. Serving the recipe with corn chips and crackers, it's always a big hit at teacher luncheons.
New South Jalapeño Pimiento Cheese
Jim Early took first place out of 300 entries in the Southern Foodways Alliance Pimiento Cheese Invitational by creating this update of his mother's recipe. If you need a smaller amount, you can easily cut the recipe in half.
More From Southern Living
- 2 (8-oz.) blocks extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-oz.) block mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (7-oz.) jars diced pimiento, drained
- 1 (12-oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup drained pickled jalapeño pepper slices
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Assorted crackers or bread slices
- 1. Process first 3 ingredients, in batches, in a food processor 45 seconds or until well blended. Add pimiento and next 4 ingredients, and pulse 5 to 6 times or to desired consistency. Cover and chill up to 1 day. Serve with crackers or bread slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note