I have several pimiento cheese recipes and this is by the far the best. I grate the cheese with my Kitchen Aide, chop the peppers with my kitchen knife, combine all the ingredients, then stir with a fork. I prefer the texture with this method. I also add a little more jalapeno's. Serving the recipe with corn chips and crackers, it's always a big hit at teacher luncheons.
New South Jalapeño Pimiento Cheese
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Leigh Anne Montgomery
More From Southern Living
- 2 (8-oz.) blocks extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-oz.) block mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (7-oz.) jars diced pimiento, drained
- 1 (12-oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup drained pickled jalapeño pepper slices
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Assorted crackers or bread slices
- 1. Process first 3 ingredients, in batches, in a food processor 45 seconds or until well blended. Add pimiento and next 4 ingredients, and pulse 5 to 6 times or to desired consistency. Cover and chill up to 1 day. Serve with crackers or bread slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers