- 2 (15.8-oz.) cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled okra
- 1/4 cup pitted Castelvetrano olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15-oz.) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- calories 100
- fat 5 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 4 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 243 mg
- calcium 68 mg
How to Make It
Process beans, garlic, basil leaves, olive oil, 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, and kosher salt in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape bowl as needed. Cover and chill until ready to assemble.
LAYERS 2, 3 & 4
Rinse onion in cold water, and pat dry. Cut grape tomatoes into halves. Stir together pickled okra and sliced olives.
Stir together sour cream, parsley, mint, lemon zest, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, and ground cumin in a medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to assemble.
Stir together black-eyed peas, chopped bell pepper, minced jalapeño pepper, hot sauce, and freshly ground black pepper. Cover and chill until ready to assemble.
ASSEMBLY Layer bean mixture; minced onion, tomatoes, pickled okra mixture; sour cream mixture, black-eyed pea mixture, and feta cheese in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours before serving. Serve with pita or multigrain chips and crudités.