I have a feeling that this has more to do with me not following the recipe correctly.
New Potatoes with Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
While raw garlic is pungent, roasted garlic is sweet and mild with a buttery texture. Roast extra garlic for our Roasted Garlic Pizza. Serve this warm twist on potato salad as a side dish with steak or roast chicken.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 170
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 28.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 335mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 7 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, garlic, and potatoes in a roasting pan or jelly-roll pan; toss well to coat. Bake at 400° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until tender, stirring after 35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- 3. Squeeze garlic cloves to extract pulp. Discard skins. Combine garlic pulp, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, chives, vinegar, and mustard in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add potatoes to bowl; toss well to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note