- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes (red and/or white), unpeeled, or baking potatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
How to Make It
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook over moderate heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and let cool.
In a serving bowl, mix the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and salt and pepper; stir in mayonnaise. Cut the potatoes into chunks and add to serving bowl. Gently mix in celery and carrots. Taste for seasoning, adding more mayo, salt, or pepper as desired.