New Potato Salad
For Italian flavor, add sliced salami, cheese, and roasted pepper slices.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds small new potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 medium-size green bell pepper, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 small red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Red Leaf lettuce
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover and salted with 1 teaspoon salt in a covered Dutch oven 20 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Combine potatoes, bell pepper, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together remaining 1 teaspoon salt, vinegar, sugar, and pepper until smooth. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly. Pour over potato mixture, and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and chill 1 hour. Drain; serve over lettuce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note