Great recipe - it was a big hit at the 4th of July cookout we attended this year! I followed the recipe exactly as written except I added a bit more fresh basil and I did not chill for the full 8 hours. Two hours of chilling was perfectly adequate. Delicious!
New Potato Salad
- 4 pounds new potatoes
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 pints grape tomatoes*
- 1/3 cup chopped purple onion
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 25 to 30 minutes or just until tender; drain and cool. Cut potatoes in half, and set aside.
- Process vinegar and next 4 ingredients in a blender, stopping to scrape down sides. Turn blender on high, and gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream. Stir in chopped basil.
- Place potato, tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently. Cover and chill 8 hours. Top with crumbled bacon just before serving.
- * 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This