- 6 small new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen large lima beans, thawed
- 3 stale French bread slices
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
How to Make It
Cook potato slices in boiling, salted water to cover 13 minutes. Add beans, and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from heat; drain well.
Pulse bread slices in a blender or food processor 8 or 10 times or until bread is crumbly.
Place potato slices and lima beans in a greased 10-inch deep-dish pieplate; sprinkle with half of Gruyère and half of Parmesan. Top evenly with egg; sprinkle with remaining cheese, salt, and pepper. Pour cream around inside edge of pieplate; sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs.
Bake at 475° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.