Great salad and pretty easy. I made it with a leftover rotisserie chicken and the family loved it. Tarragon, chervil and marjoram may be hard to source, but you can easily substitute other herbs. I have also made it without the chicken, for a change. Good for everyday summer meal or dress it up for a special occasion.
New Potato and Chicken Salad with Yogurt Chive Dressing
Photo: Iain Bagwell
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 376
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Sodium: 276mg
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- 1 1/4 pounds small red thin-skinned potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 cups loosely packed small lettuce leaves (3 to 4 in. long)
- 1 cup loosely packed chervil sprigs
- 1 cup small, tender flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup fresh marjoram leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 3 cups sliced and small pieces cooked chicken
- 1 1/3 cups plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- About 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- About 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1. Put potatoes in a large saucepan with water to cover. Cover pan and bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, then rinse occasionally with cold water until room temperature.
- 2. Meanwhile, put lettuce, chervil, parsley, marjoram, and tarragon in a large bowl and chicken in a second large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, chives, oil, salt, and pepper.
- 3. Slice potatoes crosswise, add to chicken, and toss with about 2/3 cup dressing. Toss greens and arrange on plates. Spoon chicken mixture on top. Grind pepper generously over each serving. Serve with remaining dressing and more salt to add to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This